Ladyfest Midwest: Call for Submissions
Did you help plan Ladyfest Midwest? Did you attend? Or participate as an artist or presenter? Help document history by submitting your work to the Ladyfest Midwest Archive. Our goal is to start this project online, order illness and it may eventually evolve into a print or multimedia project.
Share your most vivid memory, advice challenging experience, cure or transformative moment! We’re open to formats—tour and travel journals, humorous and inspiring stories, interviews, etc. Please limit your submission to a maximum of 3,000 words, and submit in a Word document, along with your contact information, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Not sure what to write? Here are some writing prompts to get your wheels turning:
1. How did Ladyfest Midwest impact your life? How did it help shape who you are today?
2. What moment was most transformative to you as an organizer, participant, or attendee?
3. What was the biggest obstacle you faced as an organizer, participant, or attendee?
4. Ten years later, do you see your participation in Ladyfest Midwest as part of a social movement? How so?
Guidelines and notes:
Submissions will be reviewed by a Ladyfest Midwest volunteer editor; we cannot guarantee that all submissions will be posted.
Ladyfest Midwest reserves the right to edit submissions for clarity, length, and grammar.
Our first priority is telling the story of Ladyfest Midwest. However, if you would like to submit your story about participating in another Ladyfest, feel free! We will consider it for publication too!
Please submit color or black-and-white jpegs to: email@example.com.
Guidelines and notes:
- Include your name and contact information, and caption information (to the best of your ability) such as the names of people in the photos, location, etc.
- Specs: 72 dpi images are acceptable for online publishing; however, should the archive evolve into a print project, we will ask you to submit high-resolution images at that time, so hang onto any high-resolution files!
- Photos will be reviewed by a Ladyfest Midwest volunteer editor prior to posting on this website or inclusion in any other published material. Photos will be credited to the photographer.
- Not all photos will be published. Our first priority is telling the story of Ladyfest Midwest, but if you would like to submit your photos from another Ladyfest, feel free! We will consider it for publication, too!
If you have video, audio, visual art, or other amazing stuff, we’d love to hear from you. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If Ladyfest Midwest publishes your work on this website, we will share rights with the creator. As a grassroots organization operated by unpaid volunteers, we cannot pay contributors for their work; however, should your material be considered for publication in another project, Ladyfest Midwest will communicate with contributors and negotiate additional publishing rights.